Including Your Children
A wedding is all about forming a family. Perhaps you already have children from a previous relationship or your present one.
Here are some ideas of how to include the children in your ceremony to make it extra special.
* Include children in your proposal or proposal ideas
* Incorporate the children’s names into the wording of the invitations
* During the ceremony, have a separate set of vows for the children
* Have the children be part of the wedding party or walk the bride down the aisle
* Have a special ring or gift to present to them either during or after the ceremony
* Allow them to say a little poem during the speeches
* The children can participate in the lighting of the unity candle or sand ceremony (if appropriate age)
* We can provide a place for them to sign on a special marriage registry
* We can provide certificates acknowledging the children as an important part of the family being formed that day.
During the Reception
* When entering the reception, introduce the children, if not in wedding party
* Have the children sit at the head table with the bride and groom
* Make a special toast to the children right after toasting the bride and groom